AMP is a clear, colorless, antimicrobial solution containing the active ingredient in an aqueous solution. It contains no thickeners, stabilizers, colorants, dyes, fragrances or additives. It is non-toxic, non-mutagenic, non-teratogenic and non-allergenic. It is non-oxidative and is therefore safe for application to a wide variety of surfaces and materials including fabrics, carpet, upholstery, drapes, linens, wood, plastics, stone, porcelain and metals. It contains no chlorine and on microbial interaction will not produce halogenated by-products of disinfection such as carcinogenic trihalomathanes (Trihalomathane). Application to surfaces produces an invisible, transparent and durable antimicrobial film that will not transfer on contact with other surfaces and is non-leaching on contact with water or solvents. Once applied, the bonded antimicrobial film is nonvolatile, odorless, and colorless and produces no chemical vapors. (Click for more details)
A simpler explanation:
The solution contains deionized water that is striped of one ion, so it immediately bonds to the first surface it comes in contact with. It then forms spike-like polymer matrix that penetrates and bursts the membrane of the intruding microbe (mold, mildew, bacteria and viruses) which then breaks it up and destroys it; rendering it useless.