We’ve got you covered for any upcoming road trips – even during the pandemic! Here’s how we keep you and your family safe:
- Kill the Corona! Begin with a whole-vehicle disinfectant service featuring our AMP Bio Pledge. All surfaces inside your vehicle are instantly protected with a barrier that kills bacterial and viruses, including 99.9% of the SARS-CoV-2 associated with COVID-19!
- Say good bye to foul, musty odors (including fido smells) in your interior with a BG Frigi-Fresh service. It removes accumulated bacteria, mold, spores, road grime, nicotine oil, and debris and restores heating and AC efficiency.
- Avoid “Vehicle Nesting” by replacing your cabin and air filters. 'Tis the season where critters scramble to the nearest shelter and into your vehicles (that are parked inside or out). We see entire nests under the hoods and in filters wracking havoc on your vehicles systems including…nibbles on hoses, wiring and insulation. With vehicles not being used as much during the pandemic, this creates a huge opportunity for an influx of vehicle nesting (yes, we’ve seen this as a new trend lately!).
- Replace wiper blades. This is one of the easiest, quickest and inexpensive ways to instantly increase your visibility against the season’s frost, fog and commuting at night because of the end of daylight savings. They should be replaced every 6-12 months. Do a quick visual inspection to see if there are any signs of wear or deterioration in the rubber; look for cracking and peeling. For a quick fix, during your next visit at a gas station, grab the windshield squeegee, flip your blades over and run the squeegee over them and you’ll be shocked the dirt and grim that will come off!
- Fill your windshield wiper fluid reservoir. Even if it’s not low, top it off now to ensure you won’t run out during an ice storm or other inclement weather episode.
- Brighten up those cloudy headlight lenses! Over time, lenses become yellowish and cloudy, impeding your lamps ability to shine. A Headlight Restoration Service is a three-step process that will instantly restore their original brilliancy. It costs around $189 and will take about an hour and a half.
- What do you call the pile of foliage that appears in your vehicle’s cowl in autumn? The great barrier leaf! Make sure this doesn’t happen to your vehicle by popping the hood and clearing out all the leaves and debris that has accumulated by the vented area under your hood by your windshield. Orange you glad we don’t have another corny joke!?
- Got a charge? Before you head out, make sure your battery is “young enough” to make the whole trip. Batteries typically last about 3-5 years, so if yours is near the end of its life, it might be a good idea to just replace it now and avoid any non-start issues while you’re traveling.
- The early bird gets the discount! Get your car travel-ready by taking advantage of our early bird discount at our Chantilly location; drop off your vehicle on any weekday between 7-8 am and receive 10% discount. (excludes tires; with appointment) WOW! Orange you glad we love giving our loyal customers a break!
- Your vehicle won’t get the corona virus, but she will certainly suffer if you delay performing your regular maintenance. Putting off repairs will only lead to bigger maintenance and more expensive issues. Get your car in the shop now before restrictions are lifted and demand increases!
- We got your back! Every purchase* qualifies for reimbursement for any Nationwide Roadside Assistance that you require during your travels. This includes flat tire changing, towing, lock-out service, jumpstart, fuel, oil, fluid and water delivery service. Contact any location for details. (*Purchases above $100 within the last 12 months)
Orange you glad you’ve got Craftsman!